• The Ventura County Fusion is an American soccer club based in Ventura, California that was founded in 2006. In 2007, the Fusion became the first soccer franchise from the Ventura County area of Southern California to enter the Premier Development League (PDL), now known as the USL2.
• The Fusion senior team plays in the Southwest Division of the Western Conference of the United Soccer Leagues’ (USL2). The USL2 is primarily designed to develop players between the ages of 17 and 23 for careers in professional soccer, and is made up of 70+ teams from across North America & Canada.
• The Fusion is one of the only franchises around the country to truly incorporate all levels of the game. The Fusion fields a men’s USL2 team, USL Academy Team, MLS Academy Program a youth club academy, and various community soccer programs for players at all levels and needs, including soccer schools, soccer camps, youth soccer league, and free soccer clinics for over 25,000 kids.
• The Fusion Youth Club Academy hosts three annual youth soccer tournaments: the Fusion Spring Classic in March, the Fusion Clasico in June and the Fusion Invitational in August. The tournaments are sold out with approximately 125 teams competing in each event. In 2014 & 2015, Fusion teamed up with Bimbo Bakeries to host the Bimbo B-Active Cup, a nationally-recognized youth tournament.
• The Fusion Youth Soccer Academy regularly fields about 20 competitive teams with approximately 400 players between the ages of 8 and 19. The Academy has a director of coaching and fully qualified professional coaches overseeing the entire program.